Monday, September 8, 2014

A New Season Creeps Up

September crept up on me and I wasn't prepared for changing leaves and school buses whizzing past our home. I found myself reluctantly scrambling to get my head into the game of books and pencil crayons, of maps and field trips. But here we are, beginning our homeschooling again and as I waken earlier than I did all summer and remind children of chores and journals, I embrace the season and thank God for His goodness in every area of our lives.   
 
Verse for the year: "Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near." Philippians 4:5
(because we need this one :)
Grade Two
 
Grade Four
 
Grade Seven
Grade Ten
Vanderkids--somewhat excited to be back at it ;)
 The teachers--praying for a diligent, God-seeking year!
 
How is it going for you?
 

3 comments:

Camille said...

Your children are GROWING UP!! Your family is beautiful my friend. Ah, yes...school begins!! Hugs, Camille XO

Rev. Yvonne Prentice said...

Ahhh I sometimes miss the days of home educating but often I remember how lovely it was to be learning along with my kids....so wonderful to see your family flourishing in so many ways. God Bless you and your wonderful family. Love Yvonne

Anna said...

Ah, where did the summer go, eh!? Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family! Our first few weeks have been great (Deborah loves school)!! I hope that you have a great year with your precious kiddos. Be sure to make time for tea with me!!